Professional Development through MSC
For more information on the professional development offerings below, contact your regional service cooperative.
Reading Foundations (2.5 hours)
This Minnesota educator professional development course is a statewide collaboration between the Minnesota Service Cooperatives. Meet a variety of highly qualified reading specialists from across the state! Each instructor guides you through a reading preparation category listed in state statute, with a variety of classroom applications. Additionally, you will also explore the area of reading motivation and student engagement.
- 140 self-paced courses covering general education and special education environments.
- Courses that are organized into bite-sized units and are perfect for training days.
- Posttests at the end of each course that are automatically graded.
- Training and assessments to highly qualify your paras and meet Title I requirements.
- Transcripts and course certificates that paraeducators can access to document their training.
- Content that aligns with CEC standards for paraeducator and is endorsed by CASE.
- Research-based content written by experts in the field.
Dual format courses: Video-based and Text-based versions available.
Cultural Competency (8 hours)
This statewide learning course is a collaboration of the Minnesota Service Cooperatives. It is designed to broaden our understanding of and effective interaction with people of cultures, native languages, and socioeconomic backgrounds that may be different from our own.
Our objectives for this course are to promote self-reflection and discussion around the topics of race, culture and socioeconomics; American Indian and Alaska Native; systemic racism; religion; sexual orientation; gender identity, including transgender students; language diversity; individuals with disabilities, including mental health concerns, and others. We also strive to promote deeper understanding of our own frames of reference, learning to recognize our inherent potential biases, and to realize their impact on our expectations for and relationships with our students, families, and communities.
Equity in the Classroom (1 hour)
This Minnesota educator professional development course is a statewide collaboration of the Minnesota Service Cooperatives. Further your cultural competency through exploring equity practices in your classroom! Meet a variety of education experts from across the state! Each instructor guides you through a portion of this course, with a variety of classroom applications and a self-reflection tool to support your practice.